It’s coming close to the end of the year, and the Daily Post has challenged us to make a post about it. 2014 has been one ‘Extreme Tale‘ (that’s today’s Daily Prompt, I wouldn’t normally say things like that…).
I’ve decided to respond with a timeline of my 2014 here on WordPress.
- I was accepted into the Local Exposure Show at Gallery 725 and participated in Photo Jax for the 2nd year in a row.
- I started hosting the One Word Photo Challenge! We are now 44 weeks in and going strong.
- Consulting 101: 101 Tips for Success in Consulting 2nd edition by Lew Sauder was published with my illustration and design on the cover.
- Torn Lace by Jack Bruns was published with my illustration and design on the cover.
- Project Management 101: 101 Tips for Success in Project Management by Lew Sauder was published with my illustration and design on the cover.
- I had my work in 2 New York group shows. One was a selfie show, who would have imagined that would have ever happened?
- I completed Photography 101.
- I made my 1st wreath, thanks to the Wreath Challenge on Forest Garden blog.
- I got up close to some mini vehicles, thanks to Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge.
- I participated in the Pixel Prose Challenge for the 1st time.
December has just begun, but I don’t want to let the momentum of Photography 101 die down. I have some Christmas images planned, as well as a bit of a mixed media experiment- then of course the One Word photo challenges and other challenges here and there.
My 2 favorite images I’ve made, thus far, are Kite and Awaken (seen above in April and October) – and I made them both this year (in response to the One Word Photo Challenge and the Weekly Photo Challenge). That’s got to say something about me improving as an artist and about the benefits of photo challenges.
I’ve also started building a lot more of my props. While in all my images I’ve built some part of it (painted the background at least) and I’ve arranged the scene, my images are beginning to become even more sculptural. i.e. the ocean in Awaken is made from clay and painted, the tree and the kite in Kite were made with a 3-doodler, the squirrel and ground in Squirrel were made with clay. Basically, the hands on process makes me feel more connected to the images.
Thanks for taking a look back with me.
What are your December goals?
I love your work, I haven’t seen anything like it. You’re very talented. The squirrel is adorable and Awaken is amazing.
Thank you so so much! You just made my day :)
This is an original idea for a post. Great pictures too! :-)
Thank you very much.
What a great summary! I am impressed:) My goal is to just keep up blogging. It has become very therapeutic, educational and social!
Thank you :)
Agreed in every sense about blogging. Glad you’re going to keep it up- a harder goal than it sounds.
True. I just want to get into a regular schedule/pattern with my two blogs…and manage to exercise, eat and work, lol.
Oh goodness. Me too! I definitely wish it was easier to fit everything into one day. Good luck!!
What a year. Congratulations on your publications. You are very talented. :D
Thank you very much :)
You’ve had a very good year! And I am really enjoying your challenges! :)
Thank you and I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying it :)
Wow, you have had a successful year! Onward and upward in 2015!
Thank you :) The same to you.
This is way cool. I just might have to copy you … at least my version of it. Thanks for the idea :)
Thanks and no problem! Looking forward to seeing what you post :)