I’ve finally returned to posting on Youtube. My first video back, is one I’ve been wanting to try for some time.
I have this silicone trivet for the kitchen with a behive pattern in it. – silicone, behive, I think that calls for a makeshift resin mold for a bee themed accessory.
So with that I took some 2 part epoxy resin, mixed in chunky glitter and alcohol ink, and poured it onto the trivet. After it cured I added a chain and bee charm and am really happy with the result.
Supplies (contains affiliate links):
- Amazing Clear Cast 2 part epoxy resin: https://amzn.to/2KuuNkh
- Mica/Glitter mix: https://amzn.to/2Y5YteX
- Gold alcohol ink: https://amzn.to/2Cqs2P9
- Silicone trivet with honeycomb pattern: https://amzn.to/2TaeFbn
- UV resin: https://amzn.to/2jYK3ul
- UV lamp: https://amzn.to/2Gkr99X
- Bee charm: https://amzn.to/2TfZZb3
- Necklace chain with beads: https://goo.gl/DJA4W5
- Bronze jump rings: https://amzn.to/2Y5ZLGP
- Round nose pliers: https://amzn.to/2CpTTPD
Check out the video below and let me know your thoughts.
That’s a really beautiful idea. Well done! I hope to get my hands in some resin projects this year. This was a great kick off to spring I think. :D
Thank you so much. I’m so glad you like it! What sort of resin projects are you considering? 😊
Sorry it’s taken me so long to reply! I’m not settled on any one thing though I’ve thought about jewelry bits or figurines of some sort. Right now this project is stuck in the “One day” category. Lol. Thanks for asking.
Of course and no worries at all. Whenever that one day comes I look forward to seeing what you create.
Thank you, I appreciate that. :)